The transphobic hate group Family Policy Institute of Washington has announced that their intervention into elections will include organizing events in the end of September and beginning of October. These events will be referred to under the campaign names “Defending Freedom” and “Equipping The Saints”.
“Defending Freedom” events are free public events in the evening. “Equipping The Saints” are lunch time events aimed at “pastors and church leaders”; an admission fee will be charged. All events require online registration.
The events will promote a broad agenda of hate. Included among the Christian fundamentalist rhetoric, misogyny and homophobia is the latest transphobic bile that has become the Institute’s stock in trade. The Institute seeks to use state power to advance their agenda. Laws are to be passed; elections are to be won.
So far locations announced are: Bothell, Buena, Federal Way, Kennewick, Tacoma and Vancouver. More may come. The details thus far are as follows:
- Monday, September 26th, Noon-1:30pm at Life Center Tacoma (upper room), 1717 South Union Ave, Tacoma, 98405
- Monday, September 26th, 6:30pm-8:30pm at Our Savior’s Baptist Church, 701 S 320th St, Federal Way, 98003
- Wednesday, September 28th, 6pm-8pm at Keewaydin Park Library, 405 S Dayton St, Kennewick, 99336
- Monday, October 3rd, Noon-1:30pm at the Friendship Room of Cedar Park Christian Church, 16300 112th Ave NE, Bothell, 98011
- Monday, October 3rd, 6:30pm-8:30pm at the Chapel of Cedar Park Christian Church, 16300 112th Ave NE, Bothell, 98011
- Tuesday, October 4th, 11:30am-1pm at U.S. Digital, 1400 NE 136th Ave, Vancouver, 98684
- Tuesday, October 4th, 6pm-8pm at Grace Baptist Church, 9400 NE 50th Ave, Vancouver, 98665
- Thursday, October 6th, Noon-1:30pm at Monte de Sion, 820 Buena Rd, Buena, 98921
- Thursday, October 6th, 6pm-8pm at Monte de Sion, 820 Buena Rd, Buena, 98921
Cedar Park Christian Church in Bothell had previously served as a “regional petition center” for Initiative 1515.
Keewaydin Park Library is a public library. Their phone number is (509)-586-3156. Call them and tell them not to give hatred a platform!
206 Trans Liberation calls for action at all of these events. Find your affinities, determine your analysis, and act! The popular struggle can defeat these antagonists! For materials to develop your actions, click here: http://206transliberation.org/analysis/